Foil your allergy attack pronto. Are springtime allergies making you miserable?
Now that Spring has arrived you ought to be in preventative mode if allergies are the bane of your springtime existence .
Allergies can bring on runny noses, itchy eyes, constant sneezing and feelings of discomfort and much misery during this season.This happens because your body activates an immune reaction when exposed to different allergens.
You'll need to identify what is causing your symptoms. When you know what your triggers are, you can be pre-emptive and be in defensive mode. Getting a handle on your triggers will help you to avoid the sources of your outbreak. You will be ahead of the game with with your interventions to avoid or reduce the severity of an attack
Below are 4 helpful steps.
1. Always, treat any symptoms promptly to minimize a full-blown allergic assault. Get a quick grip on your allergies and allergic reactions to curb the intensity of an attack.
- Know your triggers and avoid them at all costs.
- It is prudent to go after a 'scratch test' this will help determine the source of your allergies.
- Try to do this before you are hit with an allergic outbreak.
2. Prevention is a major key as these can go a long way to minimizing your allergic response. Be ready to act on preventative behaviours, it is shrewd to adopt some self-care practices to deal with incitements such as pollen in the environment.
- Be watchful, learn the information on daily pollen levels, forecasts. Listen to your local weather channel for such guidance.
- Stay indoors as much as possible and keep your windows closed when pollen counts are high.
- Keep up-to-date and aware before you leave home so that you can manage your outside activities..
3. Home Pollutants are often culprits that bring on an allergic response. Make every effort to rid your home of as many allergy triggers as possible. These include
- Stimuli such as dust mites and pet dander.
- Limit your contact with dust mites and other microscopic pollutants common inside your home.
- Handle dust mites and dander through appropriate cleansing methods.
Air purifiers can be helpful, you may want to invest in a quality HEPA filter. You may also decide to run a dehumidifier in your home to help remove excess moisture from your home. These can all help reduce the impact of allergens.
4. Medicines can buoy up your ability to minimize symptoms and be more comfortable. Common allergy medicines include decongestants to unclog your nose or sinuses and to soothe a stuffy nose.
Check with your doctor before starting any medications. Your doctor may even prescribe sprays and prescription medicines that are helpful in shutting down mucus production, congestion or constant sneezing.
As well there are a variety of non-prescription medications and therapeutic interventions that can be useful. To help you deal with the distressing symptoms ramp up your efforts to stay healthy. Eat nutritious meals, drink plenty fluids to stay hydrated and get some adequate rest and restorative sleep
Do not let allergies keep you away from the enjoyment of the many joys of Springtime. Keep allergies under your control.