Now is a good time for you to find out and further unmask the mystery and hype surrounding Biotin or (Vitamin B7)
Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin thats a part of the vitamin B complex.
The B vitamin complex is a group of key nutrients that support metabolism activity, brain functions, nerve signaling and many other important daily functions. B vitamins together influence memory function and defend against age-related cognitive impairment.
Vitamin B7, along with other B vitamins are needed to convert the food you eat into useable energy that supports a healthy metabolism.
More facts specifically about Vitamin B7 or Biotin
- B7 biotin is needed for proper thyroid activity, to boost energy.
- Vitamin B7 is needed for healthy metabolic, nerve, digestive and cardiovascular functions.
- For cardiovascular, it can help improve cholesterol levels increasing good HDL cholesterol, while helping to lower bad LDL cholesterol
- B7 helps to reduce inflammation and works to build the strength of muscle.
- Biotin also plays a major part in maintaining the health of your hair, nails and skin. Refurbishes skin and Thickens hair and nails.
- Gut bacteria too creates biotin that gets absorbed systemically.
Since Biotin is water-soluble it is not stored in your body, it travels in the bloodstream and any excess or unused quantities present are eliminated through urine and feces. How long biotin stays in your system after you take it is unknown.
Without enough vitamin B7 present in your body, symptoms of a sluggish metabolism may appear.
- Low energy levels, chronic fatigue, lethargy, insomnia.
- Weight gain, digestive and intestinal tract problems, changes in appetite, possible
- Thyroid and adrenal complications, development of diabetes,
- Cognitive impairments ,moodiness, nerve damage
- Muscle aches and pains cramps.
Since Vitamin B7 is also needed to maintain healthy skin, hair and nails, a vitamin B7 deficiency may manifest symptoms in the form of thinning, splitting or brittle hair, hair loss, as well as dry, irritated skin.
Just keep in mind that B7 is a must have nutrient you just can't do without. Your body requires only a very small amount which is easily achieved if you are eating a balanced diet. Do not worry if you are eating a healthy diet, you are most likely meeting the desired daily intake and do not require supplements
Biotin can be found in real food sources like organ meats and eggs. Other natural sources include fish, berries, avocado, mushrooms and cauliflower, seeds, nuts and vegetables.