A moist and yummy coffee treat
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter or soft margarine
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 vanilla extract
- 1 cups sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- tsp baking soda
- tsp kosher salt
cup brown sugar, packed
cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
tsp kosher salt
3 Tbsp butter
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
cup icing sugar
2 Tbsp maple syrup
Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside
Mix the streusel
In a bowl mix brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and butter until it forms a crumble. Mix in the walnuts, (optional) Set it aside
Make The Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and sugar, until light.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time
- Add the vanilla and sour cream
- Mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the batter.
- Mix batter completely
- Spoon half the batter into the pan and spread it out with a knife.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup streusel.
- Spoon the rest of the batter into the pan, spread it out
- Top with the remaining streusel
- Bake for 45-50 minutes
- Test cake, the tester should come out clean.
- Cool cake on a wire rack
- Transfer the cake, onto a serving plate.
- Make a runny glaze, together icing sugar and syrup,
- Add a few drops of water to glaze
- Drizzle glaze over the cake
Tip: You can sprinkle the cake with a little icing sugar and not use the glaze
Nuts are optional