.Try this mouth-watering banana bread it is a delicious treat. On a cold rainy wintry afternoon a slice of this warm luscious moist banana bread creates a comforting mood. Add your favourite hot drink and enjoy
Time to use up those overripe bananas and make this mouth-watering loaf it is delectable and lip-smacking.
Mouth-Watering Banana Bread
Brought to you by PYD chefs
- 12 cupsoftened butter,
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 or 4 bananas mashed
- 1 12 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 14teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 teaspoon vanilla
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Lightly grease and flour loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- In a bowl sift together flour, soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Grate orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- With an electric mixer cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the mashed bananas .
- Add vanilla
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Add orange zest
- Mix lightly until combined.
- Pour into the greased floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
If you like, mix together a pinch of nutmeg, a pinch of cinnamon add both to 1 tbsp of sugar and sprinkle on top before putting loaf in the oven. A tasteful crusty topping develops