- 20 finely crushed vanilla wafers = 3/4 cup
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold margarine
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) Neufchtel or Cream Cheese softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp lemon zest divided equally
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray a 7x9 baking pan with Pam
- In medium bowl mix first 3 ingredients plus a tsp of lemon juice
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- Press on to bottom of prepared pan
- Bake 15 minutes
- Remove from oven
Beat cheese and sugar with a mixer until blended.
- Add eggs and 2 tbsp flour
- Mix well
- Blend in 1tbsp zest, the juice and baking powder.
- Pour over crust
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until centre is set.
- Refrigerate for 2 hrs
- Dust with powdered sugar
- Sprinkle with remaining zest
Serve and ENJOY!
Exceedingly lemony good.