1 whole fryer chicken (about 4 lb)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rinse chicken under running water
- Place chicken in roasting pan
- Rub chicken with olive oil and 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Put a peeled whole onion in the chicken
- Season skin and body cavity of chicken with salt, paprika and pepper.
- Pierce a lemon several times with a fork and place inside the chicken, along with peeled garlic
- Tie legs together to close cavity as tightly as possible.
- Place chicken breast-side up and
- Bake approximately 1 hrs or until golden and chicken is 165F.
- Baste chicken with some of the pan drippings
- Use the remaining pan drippings to make a thin gravy
- Pan Drippings
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cornstarch or flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serve chicken with a side of steamed seasoned spinach, plus basmati rice or potatoes
Mouth-watering and succulent. Enjoy! with family and friends.