Finger licking scrumptious!
Make this one of your meals anytime, you'll receive many rave reviews
For this recipe, you can choose either goat or lamb as the meat.
1 lbs lean goat meat
3 tbsp of curry powder
1 cup large onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 scotch bonnet pepper, diced
2 whole allspice
1 sprig fresh thyme or
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp brown sugar
2 cups diced potatoes
tsp sea salt
tsp crushed peppercorn,
1 cup water or chicken broth
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp paprika
- Cut meat into pieces
- In a large pot add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat
- Add and saut onion and garlic,
- Add curry powder,cumin,turmeric ,paprika
- Stir gently making a roux
- Add the meat
- Stir and coat meat with the curry mixture
- Add the remaining ingredients minus the potatoes
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for hour
- Then add the potatoes and stir
- Simmer for 45 minutes more or until the meat is tender.
- Add more liquid if needed. Stir occasionally.
Serve with steamed white rice, basmati rice or rice and beans along with a side of fresh green salad or one of PYD's fine salad recipes
You may also try as an accompaniment a Roti or Dahlpuri instead of rice.