Change happens, and sometimes change is beyond your control. Undertaking a change means you must leave your comfort zone behind.
You will need to accept the uncertainty as you move into the unknown.
- How you view change and your level of acceptance of uncertainty will influence your change success.
- How you handle change in your life can make all the difference between a successful outcome or failure with the change process.
Change can cause much upheaval and disarray, but that's par for the course. It is complex, never easy, and you need emotional balance to make it happen.
Change can leave you feeling exposed, at risk, unprotected and powerless. If you have chosen to make the change, it will require flexibility, courage, and confidence.
To move ahead and make the change possible, you may need to overcome certain things like fear, negativity, or inertia.
Make every effort to draw on your resilient coping skills to meet the change head-on. And to engage in the challenge without panic and anxiety.
Anxiety depletes your energy and gets in the way of the change to be accomplished. When change is happening in your life, reach out for help to minimize the load you are carrying. A little support can help you to be able to master whatever curve balls comes your way.
Change can also heighten what may already be a stressful situation. Committing to handling a change is protracted and stress-inducing.
Do not be of a mind to ignore the symptoms of stress. Stress will not go away until you deal with the causes.
Manage your chosen changes with ease:
- One step at a time, bit by bit, in this way, they will be easier to manage and ensure permanency of the desired change.
- Ascertain why you want the change and be clear about what you want.
- Steer clear of setting time limits.
- Take care of your emotional and physical self to maintain a healthy state and balance throughout the change process.
There will always be external events that cause change.
- You do not see coming, are unplanned, and not at all in a good way.
- Such change can sometimes bring disaster, ruin, or even tragedy.
- You still need to feel a sense of control with the experience. Even if the change is thrust upon you and is not your choice.
Manage unexpected change, you ought to focus on:
- Recognizing the practical first steps to take.
- Decide what you cannot change and put it on the back burner.
- Then take the reins of the aspects that you can change.
- Take control of your reactions and attitudes toward such change.
Change may not be easy, is challenging, and is an inevitable part of life. It is an opportunity to start over, a good chance for growth. It can spawn effectual growth outcomes.