Your mental health is one of your greatest assets. Everything you have been through shapes who you are, your emotions, thoughts, attitudes.
Mental health is not the absence of mental illness. It means striking a balance in all aspects of your life. It is a sense of wellbeing in your emotional, psychological, physical, and social life.
When you are mentally healthy, you face up to the full range of human emotions, to manage and express them positively. You competently hold sway over how you think, feel, act, and adapt to the array of life's demands. Your self-esteem is intact, you feel confident, resilient, and secure enough to actualize your potential.
Not everyone accomplishes 'mental balance' or can adjust well psychologically. Each of us reacts to life's stresses and challenges with unique coping styles and in diverse ways. Therefore, is not surprising that mental health problems and disorders are common conditions.
Mental Health Problems:
When mental health problems are present it muddles the way you think, throws into disarray your coping, and upsets your psychological balance.
- Factors that play a role in the development of mental health problems include genetics, family history.
- Additionally, environmental, socioeconomic, and cultural factors and life experiences all impact on mental health.
- Mental health Problems encompass a variety of phobias, disorders, depressions, dementias. These conditions influence mood, behavior, emotions, and interfere with the ability to cope effectively with life's stressors and challenges.
- Constant mental stress or a history of personal abuse contributes to mental health problems.
- Problems can result in the inability to form healthy relationships or to get along with others.
Mental Wellness Know How:
Being mentally well generates the spark and confidence that is needed for everyday living.
- Mental wellness strengthens your ability to cope with daily stresses, irritations, and aggravations. It gives you the oomph to overcome obstacles, to ably manage lifes complexities and complications.
- You are resilient enough to focus on and be productive in the work-life, to make meaningful contributions to the larger community, and to build strong relationships.
- You gain the psychological vigor to manage untoward emotions, anxieties, and despair.
- You'll have the vital resources to fight off certain physical illnesses. And you are competent to take care of personal health and hygiene.
Paying attention to your mental wellbeing is an essential best health practice. Your challenge is to embrace mental wellness, to stay mentally healthy. Keeping in mind mental health affects how good you feel, your mental energy, and overall health.