Are you concerned about or contemplating the use of light therapy? Wanting to know more about it? Read on.
Light therapy has become a therapeutic option that is more generally accepted and frequently made use of in medicine and health care.
Wavelengths of light affect everything, your skin, mood, and more.
Light is energy that moves in wavelength patterns. Spectrums range from red, orange, yellow, green, and blue.
Visible light wavelengths are therapeutically effective for several conditions, including acute and chronic injuries. Light therapy kindles the natural healing power of cells, fuels the cells' natural biochemistry speeds up cell repair.
Light stimulates the immune, lymphatic, and vascular systems. The photochemical reaction in tissues produces an increase in the cellular metabolic rate.
Many polychromatic devices are used for therapy by medical doctors, chiropractors, dentists, massage, and physical therapists.
Light therapy is trending in the skincare field for facials treatments. Blue LED wavelengths help to reduce bacteria from acne. Reds even out pigment, stimulate collagen and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
LED light is safe but take extra care if you have sensitive skin or a rash or inflammation in the area. Directions on a specific device vary. Adjust the duration, intensity, or timing of the sessions.
Light Therapy Applications:
Depending on the wavelength applied, applications are wide-ranging.
- Primarily a light therapy is used to enhance cells' natural biochemistry
- For the skin to treat wound care, also ailments such as scars, acne, and psoriasis.
- For relief of pain in bone ailments. Joint pain, arthritis pain, degenerative osteoarthritis, and tendonitis.
- Treat inflammation, neuropathy, and infections
- To encourage healthier scalp conditions, hair re-growth, and improve the condition of the hair
- As a calming and relaxing effect for mood disorders. Winter depression and even non-seasonal depression
- Pain relief therapy for back problems, deep muscle tissue. And muscle cramps.
The benefits of light therapy can be very worthwhile.