- 3 lb boneless sirloin roast
- 4 garlic cloves.
- 1/2 tsp Caribbean seasoning
- 1tsp salt
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- Black pepper
Red Wine Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pan Juices
Roasted Tasty Potatoes
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Blend together salt, thyme, black pepper and Caribbean spice until smooth.
- Place roast on a greased wire rack in a roasting pan.
- Rub roast all over with the blended mixture.
- Add 1 cup of water to roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered in preheated oven for about 1 1/4 to 1/2 hours,
- Or until your meat thermometer reads 130F 140F (55C 60C) for medium-rare.
- Add a little more water if the bottom of the pan gets dry
- When done remove the roast cover with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
Reserve any pan juices.
Make Tasty potatoes
- Wash potatoes and place in large saucepan, cover with water,
- Add a pinch of salt. Bring to boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes then drain.
- Place on a paper towel until potatoes are completely dry.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook at 350F (180C) oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Turning occasionally, until golden brown.
Make Red Wine Sauce,
- Heat butter with reserved pan juices in the same roasting pan over medium heat.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce,
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute to cook the flour.
- Add wine and stir until thickened.
- Gradually stir in broth.
- Add mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve with roast.
Cut roast into slices. Serve with potatoes and sauce.