Always a favourite everyday pleaser.
1 chicken (cut up)
1 can tomato sauce,
1 chopped onion,
1 green pepper, chopped,
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
4 Sliced carrots
1 Tbsp tomato paste
3 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp olive oil
2 cups chicken stock or water
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1 1/2 Tsp Curry powder
1/4 c Lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp Salt
4 cloves of crushed garlic
1 tsp sugar
- Rinse 1 chicken (cut up), sprinkle with salt, pepper,
- Make a marinade of garlic, curry powder, sugar and lemon juice or vinegar
- Pour on chicken. Let stand a few hours in the refrigerator to soak up the marinade
- Lightly flour and brown chicken in Dutch oven.
- Drain the fat.
- Pour enough chicken stock or water to cover chicken 3/4 way
- Add tomato sauce, chopped onion, green pepper.
- Crushed cloves of garlic, tomato paste and sliced carrots.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add Italian seasonings,
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover simmer on lower heat until chicken is done.
Serve with plain Basmati rice or Rice and peas... And add a chef's green side salad.